The Heaton Group is growing; with over £60m of new developments in the pipeline we are looking for a Quantity Surveyor and Contracts Manager to join our busy in-house Developments Team. Think you're up to the job, or know someone who might be interested? Take a look at the job descriptions below for more information.
Apply by sending your CV over to email@example.com, or feel free to give us a call on 01942 251945
- Salary: Negotiable
- Location: Heaton Group, Hindley, Wigan, WN2 3BE
- Hours: 08:00 - 16:00 Monday to Friday, occasional weekend work required
- Other: Free parking during office hours. Pension scheme provided
The Heaton Group is looking for a proactive and experienced Quantity Surveyor to be an integral part of our busy in-house developments team with a £60m development programme over the next 5 years in place. Candidates must have a BSC in Quantity Surveying or similar and at least three years (post degree) of experience in residential developments. The right candidate will have experience of using industry specific software and will be able to implement their use at The Heaton Group along with other MS packages.
- Estimate materials, time and labour costs for residential developments
- Accurately measure and assess sites pre work commencement
- Prepare tenders for works, including bills of quantities
- Negotiate contracts
- Ongoing cost analysis of maintenance and repair work
- Perform risk, value management and cost control
- Overall project management responsibility
- Advise on legal, environmental and contractual requirements
- Identify, analyse and develop responses to commercial risk
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Allocate work to subcontractors
- Sign off on works and ensure payments made
- Full, valid UK Driving Licenece and own transport is essential
- Salary: Negotiable
- Location: The Heaton Group, Hindley, Wigan, WN2 3BE
- Hours: 08:00 - 16:00 Monday to Friday, occasional weekend work required.
Free parking during office hours. Pension scheme provided.
The Heaton Group is looking for a proactive and experienced Contracts Manager to be an integral part of our busy in-house developments team with a £60m development programme over the next 5 years in place. The ideal candidates must have at least three years of experience in residential developments, hold relevant qualifications and be able to use MS Office and projects.
- Assist in the preparation, processing and selection of estimates and tenders
- Assist in the development of the buying programme
- Manage the selection of sub-contractors as determined by individual contracts
- Manage sub-contractors, work activities and resources to meet the requirements of individual contracts
- Control individual contract progress until completion
- Control individual contract budgets
- Ensure all necessary contract documentation / reports are accurate and produced on time